Bi-folding doors blur the boundaries between home and garden brilliantly. Made up of a run of glazed panels which can fold one way or the other, bi-folding doors maximise light in your chosen room, no end.
When installed with a flushed tracking and matching tiling from inside to out, you can go further, creating a seamless transition between spaces. When the doors are opened wide your room will look and feel much larger than it is. Even when closed, the uniform tiling will create the illusion of more space.
Bi-folding doors are available in a wide range of styles and materials. Plus, they can be used in a multitude of ways.
Today, we’re running through these. Along with a few things you should keep in mind, when considering a new set of bi-folding doors for your property.
In general, bi-folding doors come in a range of different materials and colours:
- Aluminum doors, such as our own, come with a choice of powder coating, with a whole host of colours to suit all projects and properties. The covering is low maintenance and highly durable.
- Timber frames are built in layers. This is intended to prevent them warping. Some companies also offer a variety of colours and finishes. You will need to maintain this finish annually.
- Composite frames allow you to create a different look and feel to your property both inside and out.
- Some manufacturers also offer the option of in-built blinds as well as different configurations. Speak to our sales team if this is something you’re interested in.
- Choosing your glazing is also worth some consideration. Switch glass makes a stylish solution to the need for bulky blinds. With a flick of a switch your doors can go from a clear glass to a frosted glass allowing you privacy from your neighbours when you need it. Other glazing options include tinted and self cleaning. Again, chat with our sales team for more information on these options.
- Manufacturers of bi-folding doors will be able to advise you on the best option for your space. This includes advice for your safety and the structural stability of your property. Always have a chat with someone in the know, even if you decide to buy elsewhere.
- Bi-folding doors may be installed by a manufacturer of the doors – this is included in the price here at Viva. Alternatively you may need to find a builder or seek expert advice to install the doors yourself.
A simple solution to ever changing modern life, bi-folding doors could even add value to your property! Get your online quote from us today – just click here.